Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Dream of the Gym?


That's my home gym that gets little to no use!
The bad news is that I can't even feel assured that it's holding up my laundry as it's on a completely different level in my house.
Well I guess the good news is that I'm back in the gym (even if it's not my own),  and as in "I'm back", I mean that I'm actually trying to go everyday.   I was on quite a bit of a routine last year, but I got sick and the holidays came round and I abandoned my workouts.  I was going to start back up again in January but I really hate going to a crowded gym so I figured if I started in Febuary all of the people who put "working out" on their New Year's resolution would be over it by then, and I think I was right.
I really don't like working out and I was one of those people with a great metabolism so I never had to work out but that was pre kids and also when I was in my 20's!  I am now the proud mother of two daughters, out of my 20's  and have to deal with an out of whack body.
Well as I was running on the threadmill I had a stricking thought, why don't I train for a marathon?  Well then I did a bit of reasearch and saw how long a marathon was and realized that was not going to happen anytime soon, so I've decided to do 5km run in April.  I think that this is doable as long as I stick with a program.
I'll keep you updated about my "training" haha

By the way have you stopped by Pinky Creations lately?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, too funny! I've thought of training for a marathon too, but yes, it is too friggen long (: I try to go to the gym three times a week. It's not too much, so I don't get overwhelmed with the amount of time it's taking up. And it's just enough that I notice results. I'm like you, I never had to do anything before and I was skinny as a rail. Now I'm in my mid 20's and realizing that it's time to DO something!